Saturday, December 27, 2008

Lacrimosa, Lacritosa?

I don't think I should have had that glass of milk. Sometimes, but only sometimes, I feel sick an hour or so after drinking milk. After all the gluten allergy-lactose-intolerant stuff my grandmother was telling me, it concerns me. Gluten allergies run through the family and are often tied to lactose-intolerance and while the one test I had for a gluten allergy was negative [although it can take a few tests to get the right diagnosis], there's always a chance. If I can develop allergies to the cats I've lived with all my life, why not? Or it could be a number of other things-the mystery stomach illness in fourth/fifth grade assumed to be an ulcer? I have no immune system and haven't for the past almost four years-I've picked a few things up from all the doctor jargon and sometimes I wish I were stupid so I wouldn't understand it.

Imagine a weary sigh.

-K.

No comments:

Post a Comment