Saturday, December 27, 2008

Welcome to the Creepshow!

Barnes & Noble; I love that place. The smell alone should be concentrated and bottled-the smell of books and coffee-instant sophistication and intellligence. I used my two gift cards today and after much searching and assistance, found the Kerli album I really wanted:

She's from a land called secret Estonia-nobody knows where it's at, no....



I also found the ONLY copy of a very small book by Edward Gorey in that store, hidden under much more large and intimidating books; The Gashlycrumb Tinies. It's a rhyming alphabet book about children meeting morbid fates. Therefore I adore it. You might recognize Edward Gorey from the theme animation for PBS's Mystery! Here's what the book looks like:



My dad wants me to make a Mormon version-I think that'd be awesome. I think I'll localize it to my stake or ward. For some reason this line I just thought up must be incorporated somehow: P is for Paul Isaac who lost all his hair...followed by something rhyming with "hair" in the next line. I know I'll be sent to outer darkness for that, haha...

And then I bought a raspberry green tea. Delicious.

In other news, I have just received my library card! I've been down here for a couple of weeks but with the illness and hubbub of the holidays and bad weather I simply haven't been able to get one...until today! First thing I saw was Rammstein's Volkerball-destiny, I ask? Didn't really find anything else interesting until my dad found a Gothic Lolita bible for me complete with a pattern to make knickerbockers-how cool is that?!

And appropriately enough, Kerli's Creepshow begins to play as I think about Gothic Lolita. "Cinnamon houses and chocolate skies..." I'll have to find out what the little spoken Estonian part translates to.

Also, I learned I don't like cherry hot chocolate because it tastes like bubblegum. Although I do like cherries with chocolate in all other situations. I figured that was somewhat interesting and should be documented for personal anthropological reasons or something.

All for now.
-K.

No comments:

Post a Comment