Thursday, January 1, 2009

Auld Lang Syne

New Year's Eve:

9:00. Woken up too early for my likes to get a retainer thingy to space out my lower teeth and straighten them out again. Ergh. It should only be a month or so, but the invisalign I wore for two years was supposed to have done that...it's like having a thermometer under one's tongue combined with a horse bit, whatever that feels like. My first metal device in two years of dental work, ha.





So then I went back to sleep with Gracie keeping my feet warm [and kicking me if I moved], having weird dreams, being woken up by a vibrating phone, and then finally getting up at one in the afternoon.


I was planning to stay at home, watch The Fellowship of the Ring, and eat Chinese food when I got a call from Dana asking if I wanted to hang out for New Year's Eve.


When I got there, I saw some familiar faces and met some new ones. We started out by playing Monopoly until other people came but ended up probably playing it backwards, pieces thrown everywhere, and a sudden need for everyone to wear a hat was called for. And Dana took pictures of it all. Here's a little of the havoc I snapped:



This is my top hat piece, which I wore on my top hat below:

...it's that tiny little silver dot. I look like I'm praying. And now I am passed a noisemaker that didn't really work, but I took a picture nonetheless.

And then it turned into a mad hat-fest and everyone was doing whatever they could with the hats we wrangled up.Apparantly when doing this I looked liked the following, to which I was unaware: "Pyramid Head is the nickname of a fictional monster from the Silent Hill video game series, primarily the game Silent Hill 2." In other words, this guy:
And everyone seemed to get my top hat at some point. There's Roman and ignore Brian in the background, who I can assure you was not naked.

And we did a bunch of more odd things when others showed up, which shall be put on youtube in one conglomerous [is that even a word?!] schlob [another made-up word?] of video goodness.


But until then, we ate many a snack, including hand-made sushi courtesy of Dana...well, I didn't eat any, being a veggie-head, but everyone else liked it. And a box of Milano cookies! And we played the sign game which could be misinterpreted in such humerous ways that it was a Seinfeld episode in and of itself.


For a good part of the party, I came across a white mask and wore it with my top hat and pretended to be a mime and playing with creepy dolls and sitting properly and employing what little sign language I know to the applause of those there. I swear the mask made my eyes fog up, though. Phil successfully wore the other mask for a while, a monumental achievement considering it was too small for his head. And then Brian and I wore the masks when the decision was made to go to Denny's for cheese fries.


We got the big round table in the corner and whenever I had to use the bathroom or switch places so Dana could take picture when I was in the cool mask I had to contort to inhuman lengths to be able to get underneath the table and pop up on the other side. And we loudly played the sign game again, but I don't think anyone noticed since it was loud anyway. I wouldn't think so many people go to Denny's at midnight.


Upon returning to Dana's house it was decided that although I don't like anime or Japanese art or videogames or anything, I must cosplay because I am thin enough to fit in most of the costumes. But that does include dressing up in outfits from historical costumes to steampunk to Middle Earth to Joss Whedon to Farscape, so I agreed. I have little idea of what I'm in for...as long as I'm not in some anime video game costume thingy. And then they dress up and go to conventions and do stuff and stuff. Again, I have little idea of what that stuff entails but hurray for dressing up!


And then I drove home unaware of how the unfogging do-dad works in the car and hoped the swerving wasn't enough to draw a cop as I drove with one hand and sprayed wiper fluid with the other the whole way home. Considering I wasn't pulled over, I was successful.


Now I woke up at one in the morning and the effects of Dana's fluffy dog seem to have kicked in because my eyes are all swollen and drippy and my lungs consisting of steel wool.


The End.


-K.

1 comment:

  1. Lawl good times <333
    totally tell me when those videos go up.

    ReplyDelete