Sunday, March 29, 2009

Repo! Shadowcast.

I just found out that Utah has a Repo! shadowcast and I requested a spot and am in! Our state is called The Scalpel SL,UTs [each state has a different "team name" relating to the movie somehow and yes, the term "scalpel slut" is used in the movie for those addicted to plastic surgery].

Some spots were taken and others already had a preset mold that I didn't want to adhere to, so I am a Zydrate addict. Zydrate is a blue, glowing drug taken through a gun for pain relief. Since this takes place in a future of organ failure, GeneCo uses the drug for anesthesia, but people are getting unnecessary parts-body makeovers, surgeries daily-new eyes, new faces, and therefore there are plenty of Zydrate addicts in the grottos and alleyways. Like the morphine and opium addicts of the 1800s.

Shadowcasts try to get a person for each character of the film, to have them be able to dress the part and by whatever means making more people aware of this film [and getting people who worked on it here for screenings, q & a sessions, signings, etc.]. There's a shadowcast for I don't-know-how-many-states, but a lot. And it's quite successful.

Here's a picture of some junkies around GraveRobber:

Bits of dyed hair, knee high boots, leather and lace and stripes and stained corsets. Combine some steampunk, some cybergoth, a little vinyl, and grunge it up for a vintage-meets-futuristic-goth-meets-the DI. I already have all of that, haha. Speaking of which, I need to get started on my black and brown vertically striped bloomers; I found a dress at the DI made of the perfect material so I didn't have to hunt it down at a fabric store.

Time to sleep, for tomorrow I deconstruct.

No comments:

Post a Comment